Twist Tips: Top 5 Questions to Ask about Yoga Teacher Trainings
Top 5 things you should ask if you are looking to take a Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Teacher Trainings are so varied. If you are considering a training, do your research and find the one that is best for YOU. Ask questions, talk to recent grads, and other studio owners.
- Ask to see the manual, and inquire about who wrote it, and when it was updated.
- Ask what the maximum and a minimum number of students are, and how this will impact the program. (i.e. if there is only a minimum of students, will the program still contain all the advertised components and teachers?)
- Ask about hidden costs: do you have to buy a membership at the studio, or attend a certain number of paid for classes at other studios. What about books, videos, and apps? These add up!
- How many of the 200 hours are contained in direct instruction with teachers, and how many are on your own self-study time?
- Ask for a list of recent grads and an introduction to speaking with them directly.
Yoga Teacher Training is costly and a huge time commitment and although they may be certified by Yoga Alliance, they are not all the same. There are AMAZING trainings out there so do your homework and find your perfect fit!