Twist Eats: 10 minute lunch - Veggie Bowl of LOVE
Yes, we know ... healthy lunches are a struggle. Eating on the run, drive-thru, protein bars, and another cup of coffee sometimes takes the place of what you really need ... A FAST & HEALTHY LUNCH that will fuel the rest of your day. Well, check this recipe out - 10 minutes of prep and an afternoon of reward.
10 Minute Veggie Bowl of Love
Ingredients: + Veggie kabobs (you can buy pre-made or prep the night before with your fave veg) + Frozen chopped broccoli or cauliflower from Trader Joes + Prepared hummus - plain or your fave variety - we used HOPE Sriracha + Raw nuts - we had cashews in the pantry, so threw those in + Avocado - because, you know -- good fat + Hemp seeds - protein and crunch
- Heat grill if you chose to cook kabobs - skip this step if you are just adding raw chopped veggies
- Heat coconut oil in frypan on stove
- Put kabobs on grill - we brushed ours with Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Pour some of the frozen broccoli or cauliflower into the hot oil - we also stirred in some Nutritional Yeast for an extra kick of nutrition and cheesy goodness
- Smile and try not to drool on the goodness that awaits. Pat yourself on the back for "adulting"
Assemble the bowls: Grab a bowl and fill the bottom with the warm broccoli or cauliflower, top with kabob, avocado, a dollop of hummus, handful of nuts, seeds and any chopped herbs you have in the house. If you are feeling it, you can sprinkle turmeric on top for bonus points, a squeeze some lemon.