The History and Philosophy of Yoga with Sara Ivanhoe
We're thrilleD to announce this incredible opportunity to study with the premiere yoga philosophy teacher, Sara Ivanhoe
Oct. 19th and 20th from 1:30-5:30pm
- History and definition of "yoga"
- Margas/Paths of Yoga
- 4 stages of life/Shamanas
- Philosophy of Upanishads/Vendanta: Atman/Brahman
- The balance of Sthira and Sukha
- The yoga timeline to present day
- Sanskrit history and pronunciation
- A full "toolkit" on how to incorporate these learnings into your classes or personal journey
Join our Fall Yoga Teacher Training students for a 2 day immersion with LA-based guest teacher, Sara Ivanhoe. Sara holds the first Master Degree in the History of Yoga from Loyola Marymount University in LA where she also serves as a professor. She also leads the Yoga Study online programming on YogaGlo.
Sara brings over 25 years of deep study of traditional classroom yoga teacher experience coupled with in-depth knowledge and expertise on the history of yoga, the language of Sanskrit, and the philosophy behind yoga.
$99 for a single day
$150 for both days