Twist Yoga 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Become a Yoga Teacher Now
Even if You Can’t Do a Handstand
(because no one really cares!)
A yoga teacher is so much more than a bendy, athletic person!
Discover the 5 reasons why the Twist Yoga Teacher Training is different.
APRIL 5 – MAY 24, 2018
Send us a note and we’ll set up a time to chat on the phone or in person to show you why this is the training for YOU!
Dreaming of being a yoga teacher and sharing your passion with students?
Looking to take your own practice to another level and really dive deep into YOUR yoga?
We’re proud to announce the 2018 TWIST YOGA 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program.
This 7 week Yoga Alliance-certified program led by Twist Yoga teachers Ali Matt (500-EYRT) and Jessica Baker (200-EYRT) and includes a special guest teacher each week. These teachers are unique to this training and are experts in their fields.
You are UNIQUE. So is this training.
The 5 Reasons why this training is for you
- Learn the secrets to creating meaningful, effective yoga sequences for your own practice, or in a studio setting.
- Discover how the subtle body (chakras and bandhas) ties the physical poses to the internal, energetic properties.
- Find YOUR authentic and unique voice.
- Study how the anatomy and physiology of the body support the physical practice in meaningful ways from real experts.
- Go deeper than the asanas (the yoga poses) to explore and really understand the history and philosophy of yoga.
LOVE that – but what else do we study?
- History and philosophy of yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Subtle body
- Asana breakdowns
- Ayurvedic practices, doshas, and chakras
- Pranayama breathing techniques
- Finding your voice
- Posture breakdowns: Surya A/B, Hip Stability, Twists, Inversions, etc.
- Sequencing a practice
- Pre/ Post-Natal Yoga taught by a certified and practiced Prenatal Yoga teacher
- The business of Yoga taught by Jennifer Pahl, Twist Yoga founder
Experts in their fields, these guest teachers are unique to the Twist Yoga Teacher Training and will share their deep knowledge with you to deepen your training, and really set you up for success upon graduation.
Sara Ivanhoe – The History and Philosophy of Yoga
Sara Ivanhoe is a certified yoga teacher, author of “Yoga for Dummies” books series, and several yoga video series.
Loyola Marymount University has awarded Sara a Certification in Yoga Philosophy.
She is currently getting her Master’s Degree at LMU’s Inaugural Yoga Philosophy program.
Kristin Fritz – Meditation
Kristin Fritz is a meditation student, teacher, and professional speaker. She is also a certified coach and the founder of 24/7 LOVE – whose mission is to awaken, inspire and activate more love in the world.
Kristin specializes in helping people embrace their everyday experience as a practice for personal and global transformation. With an emphasis on ease and practicality, she delivers tools and insights for a lifestyle of less stress and more purpose.
Kristin’s training includes Davidji’s Masters of Wisdom, the UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness, and HeartMath Institute. She is an ambassador for Lululemon and Yoga2Life Coaching. Kristin travels annually to India and Sri Lanka with her teacher to deepen her realization of the Vedic teachings.
Megan Peterson – Prenatal Yoga
Megan Peterson is a certified prenatal yoga teacher and a member of the Brave Birth Doula Collective.
She is an International Association of Yoga Therapist certified yoga therapist and teaches a wide variety of yoga.
Megan brings her in-depth knowledge of prenatal yoga and hands-on birthing experience to the Twist Yoga Teacher Training providing students with real-world experience and compassionate guidance.
The Questions you REALLY want to know:
Afraid you haven’t been practicing yoga for long enough?
Not sure you actually want to teach yoga?
Think all yoga trainings are the same?
At Twist Yoga, our teacher trainers to go out into the world with a solid understanding of asana with a true knowledge of what lies beneath. Yoga is for everyone, and we empower our trainers to understand the practice along a continuum of age, physical accessibilities, and injuries.
- We don’t teach a set sequence: we have in-depth posture and sequencing labs that allow students to experiment with intelligent, artful sequencing. Students will graduate with the confidence to craft a unique, safe, and well-rounded yoga sequence.
- It’s not just for teachers: whether you are looking to take a deeper journey in your own personal practice, teach public classes or teach at a school or nursing home, this training will provide you a solid foundation to continue to grow in your own beautiful way.
- Continue your training through mentorships with our teachers.
- Option to assist teachers in classes and get real-world experience with students.
- Opportunity to experience some of the best yoga teachers in their particular fields.
- Opportunity to teach free community classes at Twist Yoga upon graduation.
EEK! Teacher Training is expensive. What does my tuition really include and where are the hidden costs?
Tuition includes the 7-week course with the associated manual. Teacher Training students get FREE UNLIMITED YOGA at Twist Yoga during April and May (value $208)
OK, you took the training. Awesome.
All graduates are invited to teach one free community class at Twist Yoga to gain exposure and confidence. We didn’t speed off on two wheels the first time we got on a bike, we had training wheels to learn the mechanics. We provide teachers the support to practice and receive feedback in a supportive environment before heading on their own two wheels.
Mentorships are available upon graduation with Ali and Jessica to further your one-on-one growth.
April 5- May 24, 2018 – Classes Thurs-Sun each week
5:00- 5:50 pm dinner break
lunch break TBD
Deposit (non-refundable): $450 – pay here
This will ensure your spot in the teacher training and goes towards your full payment.
Full Payment (must be paid in full prior to March 31, 2018): $2950