2018 Yoga Alliance Certified 200 Hour Twist Yoga Teacher Training
April 5 – May 25, 2018
Drop us a note to get more info or meet with a teacher…
After countless months of imagining, exploring, researching, and crafting a Yoga Teacher training that embodies the essence of Twist Yoga, we’re proud to announce the 2018 TWIST YOGA 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program. This 7 week Yoga Alliance-certified program starts April 5th and is led by Twist Yoga teachers Ali Matt (500-EYRT) and Jessica Baker (200-EYRT). It will give you the opportunity to dive deeper into your yoga journey.
Twist Yoga 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – 2018
Whether you are looking to teach or bring more depth to your personal practice, this program will allow you to open a new chapter. The curriculum is based on Vinyasa flow, a powerful and dynamic system that combines asana, pranayama, and meditation. Topics also include:
- History and philosophy of yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Subtle body
- Asana breakdowns
- Aryuvedic practices, doshas, and chakras
- Pranayama breathing techniques
- Finding your voice
- Posture breakdowns: Surya A/B, Hip Stability, Twists, Inversions, etc.
- Sequencing a practice
- Pre/Post Natal Yoga
- The business of Yoga
Instead of one style and one teacher, our program is a diverse and unique program that draws upon several teachers collective experience and knowledge, presenting you the opportunity to learn from a very special group of teachers.
We hope this gives you, the student, a well rounded and expansive experience, promotes critical thinking as you are exposed to different ways of teaching, and as a result, allows you to discover your own authentic voice as you begin to teach others.
- Thursday: 5:00-9:30pm
- Friday: 5-7:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 11-5:30pm
The following Modules are included in the Teacher Training, and can also be taken as individual continuing education trainings offered to the public:
MODULE 1: Philosophy and History of Yoga Immersion
The Yoga Scholar Training
with Sara Ivanhoe
April 7th and 8th from 9:30am-4pm
The yoga postures you do on the mat are only a small portion of what it means to be a Yoga Practitioner. Yoga was practiced for hundreds of years before anyone did any physical movement. Yoga was ritual, chanting, visualization, breathing and meditation. In the Yoga Scholar Introductory Training, you will learn the history of the yoga lineage, learn about the different styles of the practice, understand the primary texts associated with yoga and come away with a full “Tool Kit” of supplementary practices to support your journey as a Seeker and enhance your offerings as a Teacher.
You don’t have to be a yoga teacher to enjoy The Yoga Scholar Introductory Training. In fact, if you’ve never done a yoga pose ever, you will still find value from the training. If you are in the midst of a Teacher Training Program, often you may feel that you are in a Physiology course, and not a Yoga Teacher Training! The Yoga Scholar Training will help put it all into perspective. Lastly, if you are already a teacher and feel that you have mostly excelled at being an “Asana” teacher and want to expand that into being a “YOGA” teacher- this course is for you.
Investment $250 for both days and earn 12 hours of Continuing Education
MODULE 2: Practical Application of Anatomy and Kinesiology for Yoga Teachers
with Dena Zimbel
Anatomy modules include:
- An overview of basic terminology and concepts in anatomy and kinesiology
- An overview of the musculo-skeletal systems with a focus on major muscle groups, joints, and bones used in the practice of yoga
- Practical application of anatomy knowledge in the classroom
- Body reading, tips on alignment, and cuing
- Anatomy of the breath
Come prepared to move and ask why. While there will be some lecture, we will be up, moving around, and actively participating the whole weekend!
Stay tuned for more exciting details. If you’d like to get on our informational email list, please contact us here.
Investment $150 for 6 days and earn 12 hours of Continuing Education
Thursday from 7-9:30pm
To register, please email us at email@example.com
Twist Yoga 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – FAQs
What makes Twist Teacher Training different?
At Twist Yoga, we want our teacher trainers to go out into the world with a solid understanding of asana. We believe that yoga is for everyone and we want to empower our trainers to understand the practice along a continuum of age, physical accessibilities, and injuries.
- We don’t teach a set sequence: we have in-depth posture and sequencing labs that allow students to experiment with intelligent, artful sequencing. Students will graduate with the confidence to craft a unique, safe, and well-rounded yoga sequence.
- Not just for teachers: whether you are looking to take a deeper journey in your own personal practice, teach public classes or teach at a school or nursing home, this training will provide you a solid foundation to continue to grow in your own beautiful way.
- Option to continue your training through mentorships with our teachers; as well as an additional 100 Hour Training to receive a Yoga Alliance 300 Hour certification.
- Option to assist teachers in classes and get real-world experience with students.
- Opportunity to experience some of the best yoga teachers in their particular fields.
- Opportunity to teach free community classes at Twist Yoga upon graduation.
What does my tuition include?
Tuition includes the 7 week course with associated manual. Teacher Training students get FREE UNLIMITED YOGA at Twist Yoga during April and May.
What can I expect after teacher training?
All graduates are invited to teach one free community class at Twist Yoga to gain exposure and confidence. We didn’t speed off on two wheels the first time we got on a bike, we had training wheels to learn the mechanics. We provide teachers the support to practice and receive feedback in a supportive environment before heading on on their own two wheels.
Mentorships are available upon graduation with Ali and Jessica to further your one-on-one growth. Twist Yoga also offers NEXT LEVEL Continuing Education sessions for yoga teachers each year as well as individual Mentorships.
Deposit (non-refundable) – $450 – pay here
This will ensure your spot in the teacher training and goes towards your full payment.
Full Payment (must be paid in full prior to March 31, 2018):
$2950 or $2500 if you have previously paid $450 deposit
“There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called Yesterday and the other is called Tomorrow. Today is the right day to Love, Believe, Do and mostly Live.”
― Dalai Lama XIV