Twist Yoga was born out of an idea of creating a space that was a peaceful combination of function and form. We love design, deeply appreciate local craftsmanship and really, really dig a cool, modern vibe. When you visit, you’ll feel welcome, at home, and energized.
Designing the functionality of the practice room was the most essential part of the plan.
Who cares how cool the art is if your yoga practice room is not designed properly, right? After much research and a few minor panic attacks, we chose a LonSeal product for the flooring. We fell in love with this floor because it features an anti-fatigue cushioned back (saves the knees!), it has a microbial resistance formulation (saves the health!), and best of all is made from recycled content and is LEED certified (saves the Earth!).
One of the first steps was to start working with the fab Kristin Fritz (and coincidentally fellow yogi and meditation teacher) on the feng shui (the “feel”) of the studio. You know how you walk into some spaces and you get an overall feeling of happiness or warmth or goodness? Well, that’s what we want at Twist Yoga. Kristin guided us through a plan to encourage each area of the studio to emit these feelings. Namaste, Kristin.
As we all know, sometimes in our fair city, the skies are a bit grey and the temps are a tad chilly. Not at Twist Yoga! Our 760 square foot practice room is always warm (often hot and steamy), and the ceiling is a perfect shade of blue. It’s like being in Hawaii all year round (minus the long plane ride).
We have two new energy-efficient dedicated HVAC systems for the practice room and the public space. These specialized systems ensure that the temperatures are on point, the air is refreshed often, and the atmosphere is safe and comfortable.
We also have one wall of windows to let in some natural light, two mirrored walls and one plain wall so our teachers can orient the class differently depending on their class plan that day.
Our Twist Yoga community is integral to and defines our spirit. #twisttribe
- We created a special piece of public artwork that will evolve with the seasons and help us all focus on the things in life that we cherish. We invite you to add your thoughts to our Twist Vision Chalkboard outside the practice room. Along with all the custom benches in the studio, this was built with love by Jennifer’s dad, John. It’s fortunate to have a gifted woodworker in the family! The theme will change but the goal will always remain the same. This idea was inspired by one of our amazing teachers, Jamie Dresselhaus, and modeled after a similar public art project called “Before I Die.” Check it.
- Our water fountains have a supply of glass mason jars for those who forget their water bottle. We just ask that you return it when you are done so we get them cleaned and ready for the next client.
- At Twist Yoga, you’ll find a men’s dressing room with plenty of storage, a unisex ADA full bathroom with a shower, and a spacious ladies dressing area with two showers. We also have all the little goodies that make life easier: spa-quality paraben-free shampoos, conditioner, body wash, blow dryers, and a supply of extra hair ties. We have mats and towels for rent or purchase so all you really need to do is show up!
- We have plenty of parking in the lot in front of the studio but if it’s full, there is always tons of extra spaces in the large Providence lot across the street.
- Don’t believe us, check out our YELP reviews HERE!
Don’t get the wrong idea. We take yoga very seriously – just not ourselves!